Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kirbyherb Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

LaserJet CP1215 prints page solid black on pictures

HP Color LaserJet CP1215 prints documents in Word, Excel, etc fine with all fonts and colors.

Stopped printing pictures after last Windows 7 Service Pack 9/11/13.

Used all HP utilities toolboxes, re-installed driver, reset all defaults. New cartridges.

No go. Prints JPEG images all black whether in Automatic color or grayscale.

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DB_n_TX Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the same issue here, exactly.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16806 16120 1039 2610
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

I understand the jpgs are printing all black but will print in color from word and excel.

There must be some setting that is causing this, I don't think it is a  hardware issue since you can print color from other software.

Here is a url for checking the printer settings and troubleshooting colors not printing.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01691296

Please provide the following information so I can assist you better.

What software are you using to the printer the jpgs from? (internet explorer, photo software)

DB_n_TX what operating system are you using? (winxp, win7, win8, win8.1)

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
DB_n_TX Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply! I am using Windows 7 - I have since read posts elsewhere indicating the problem may be resulting from bugs in a recent Win 7 update. Aagh! Still researching that one.

Unable to print online images of any kind using Firefox - they all print out as solid black boxes. Switched to Explorer and this was not the case.

Still getting shadows around images in general, but am thinking this may be due to the nasty update as well. Prints any fonts totally fine in Word, InDesign & Excel.

Retired
Retired
16806 16120 1039 2610
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

You can do a system restore before the windows update.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Another thing you can try is to uninstall the windows update that caused the issue.
Go to start, control panel, view select large or small icon (top right corner View by:)then select programs and features, select view installed updates (top left corner)
select the update that would have caused the issue. Date is listed also.

Let me know if that helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
wawazz Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi - the system restore fixed the problem, but how can I identify what update caused the problem? Here are the critical updates that were removed and they'll be reinstalled automatically next time if I don't mark them . It would seem one of these is causing the problem:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 for Windows 7 x64-based Systems (KB2858725)

Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2862973)

Update for Microsoft InfoPath 2010 (KB2817369) 32-Bit Edition

Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2837583) 32-Bit Edition

Update for Microsoft OneNote 2010 (KB2837595) 32-Bit Edition

Update for Microsoft Outlook 2010 (KB2687567) 32-Bit Edition

Update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 (KB2775360) 32-Bit Edition

Update for Microsoft SharePoint Workspace 2010 (KB2760601) 32-Bit Edition

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2843630)

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2919469)

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - February 2014 (KB890830)

UPDATE:

Following the system restore, which fixed the printing problem, I once again used Microsoft Update to apply the above updates. The printing problem returned.

So I did another system restore, and the printing problem was fixed again.

In an effort to discover which update was causing the problem, I installed the updates ONE AT A TIME, checking after each update whether the printing problem had returned. IT DID NOT RETURN. So the problem appears to be tied to MS Update applying all the updates together.

0 Kudos
MPIr Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 2
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had the same problem for a while with a CP1215. I found this solution in relation Firefox so I tried it and now everything works just fine.  You need to go to Devices and Printers, Preferences, Advanced, Print Processor, and changed it from ZIMFPRINT to HP Color Laserjet. It works now.

MPIr Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 2
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had the same problem for a while with a CP1215. I found this solution in relation Firefox so I tried it and now everything works just fine.  You need to go to Devices and Printers, Printer Preferences, Advanced, Print Processor, and changed it from ZIMFPRINT to HP Color Laserjet. It works now.

wawazz Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

MPlr: This solution worked!!

0 Kudos
maddogau Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had the same problem, so I totally removed all HP drivers and programs from my computer and used a program called “windows 7 Manager” to delete any HP stuff from the registry as well. Then reinstalled from scratch and all is working good now.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation