Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet CP1525nw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello,

My LaserJet CP1525nw printer is 3 years old and has always run well. I recently moved it to my office and was getting back to work  when I noticed the toner was finally on its last legs and it was time for a change.

I brought out toner I had in my closet for while and replaced it like I always do. It is HP Brand 128A toner that I always use. It prints HORRIBLE! None of the colors are correct and very faded.  I tried calibrating and cleaning the print heads many times.  I also purchased BRAND NEW Toner yesterday to see if it was an issue of sitting since January. This brand new tonder is even worse than the last batch. Some prints come out better than others, but they are still never quite the right colors.  Sometimes they are very faded colors, sometimes the red, yellow and blue prints are fine but orange, green and purple are no where near correct.

I have printed every report possible to find solutions on my own. All I can tell from the diagnostic report is that the color variations are there, but not very saturated.

HELP! Please! I am a teacher who needs to get a lot printed for school starting soon. I appreciate any suggestions!

Lyndsey 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@LyndseyM26

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the new toner is not printing the correct colors,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Does the issue occur while using the copier as a stand alone printer as well?

(If yes, this could be a hardware failure and you may want to Contact HP for a hardware service)

If the copier works fine, I recommend you follow the series of steps mentioned below to resolve the issue:

Solution one: Remove any protective tape from the print cartridges
Solution two: Print from a different software program
Solution three: Adjust, reload, and change the paper
Solution four: Check the printer environment
Solution five: Check the printer connections
Solution six: Clean inside the printer
Solution seven: Change the driver settings
Solution eight: Print a diagnostics page
Solution nine: Restart the printer and the computer
Solution ten: Calibrate the printer
Solution eleven: Identify and replace the problem print cartridge
Solution twelve: Service the printer

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

If it's determined to be a hardware failure, you may use the below steps to Contact HP and have your printer either repaired/replaced:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
My Laserjet CP1525 does not have a copy feature. It is a stand alone printer so the first part of your comment does not apply. I have already seen the list you have sent. I have checked every toner cartridge. There are not pieces of plastic that haven't pulled out as far as I can tell. I have printed various files, PDF, PowerPoint and document. All turn out looking the wrong color. I have looked at the paper, nothing has changed. I have run every report possible.

Is there anything I should try other than what's on this generic list?
HP Recommended

Hi @LyndseyM26,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I suggest that you follow the steps listed below to calibrate the printer and clean the printer:

Steps to Calibrate the Product:

1. On the product control panel, press OK.

2. Press the Right Arrow button () to scroll to and select System Setup, and then press OK.

3. Press the Right Arrow button () to scroll to and select Print Quality, and then press OK.

4. Press OK to select Calibrate Color.

5. Press OK again to select Calibrate Now. The calibration process lasts a few minutes.

Steps to Print a Cleaning Page:

1. On the product control panel, press OK.

2. Press the Right Arrow button () to scroll to and select Service, and then press OK.

3. Press the Right Arrow button () to scroll to and select Cleaning Page.

4. Press OK to begin the cleaning process.

The product processes a single page and then returns to the Ready state when the cleaning process ends.

You may also check the link: Resolving Print Quality Issues

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
If you read my original post I said that I have calibrated the printer. I have tried that everyday for the last three days. Probably 15 times now. I have also cleaned the print head about the same number of times. I just did it yet again with another light colors horrible print. Supply status report says all my ink is full and the colored bars come out full color but everything else looks like watercolors with low pigmentation. Do you have any other suggestions?
HP Recommended

Hi @LyndseyM26,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
If you knew anything about this printer you would know that sending me to that website doesn't help. I have also already tried that and it tells me it is no longer serviced by HP and tells me to GO TO THIS FORUM! So if you can't help me and HP doesn't service my 3 year old printer...who will help me?
HP Recommended

Hi @LyndseyM26,

Thank you for your reply, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

This sounds like me.  I am having the exact same problem.  I keep going in the settings after trying all the fixes and changing the print quality.  Its a little better but some of the words are still fuzzy.   I really want this thing to work and have had it for several years and fighting with it.  I dont seem to get any help with the problem either. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.