cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dafaddah
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

LaserJet IIIp Accordion Folds Paper

My LaserJet IIIp has a peculiar paper feed problem.

It feeds paper out of the front eject slot with no problem but out of the rear slot the last third of each sheet resembles a soft accordion fold or pleated folded sheet.

The problem is certainly in the very last set of rollers.

If I eliminate these rollers the feed is fine but the sheet does not come come completely out of the machine. (I've run tests with the top cover removed to prove that the entire sheet is printed and delivered smooth (unwrinkled) from all the rollers before the last set..

I cannot understand why the first 2/3 of each sheet comes out of the printer smoothly but the last third ripples.

Anyone have a suggestion as to the cause?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
johnbar
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My Laserjet IIIP has developed exactly the same problem. Did you manage to cure your problem?

0 Kudos
dafaddah
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Never. I got rid of the printer.

0 Kudos
johnbar
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll let you know if I ever solve it. It must be connected with the final set of rollers (I would think).

regards

0 Kudos
johnbar
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

I have now replaced the final roller assembly and so far, so good. I got them from www.laserprinterkits.com and the assembly cost me £15.28 (largely postage from the USA to the UK).

regards,

John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jandsbob
Level 4
128 128 9 7
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Nice to see that some HP products are capable of lasting more than a couple years!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation