Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (4,077 Views)

LaserJet M1522nf MFP- fax problem

I just got this machine. Faxing is a problem. I have a dial tone, I attached a Princess phone to the fax line-- I can call in and call out--. When I attach the phone line to the HP and call that phone number I get a busy signal. When I try to send a fax I get a message that there was no answer--the fax was sent to a friend who was waiting to receive it and knows that his fax was able to accept faxes. In short, it isn't working---anybody have any ideas?
0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 2 (3,891 Views)

Re: LaserJet M1522nf MFP- fax problem

Please check the following and see if it solves your problem:

- First make sure you're using the device on an analog line, as this product is designed specifically for use with traditional analog phone services.

- Is the printer connected to an extension phone port? If so, try connecting to a direct port.

- Are you connecting a downstream phone to the printer? If so, try disconnecting the downstream phone and then re-send fax.

- Try using another phone cable or phone line.

- Try sending fax to another fax number. Do you have problem sending fax to more than one number?

- Try restoring to factory defaults.

- Have you correctly set the Country at first power on?

- Update the latest firmware from www.hp.com.

- You can also find more troubleshooting tips from "Solve fax problem" chapter in the User Guide.

If you feel this solves your problem, please press the "Solved" button.
I am an employee of HP, but I only speak for myself not for the company.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation