Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
M26nw
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi all, just bought printer M26nw and realized that it is not possible to install it under Win XP Sp3. However on the box, internet and everywhere else stays, it is compatible with Win XP.

Is there any chance to make it working?

Thanks for help.

Lubos

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer do compatible with Windows XP Service pack 3.

Try installing the latest drivers below:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/IPG/M25/HP_LaserJet_Pro_MFP_M25-M27_full_solution_...

If you experience any issues, what exact error message or behavior occuors whiel trying to install?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks for fast answer. I tried to do it with referenced drivers, but still the same. When I put the CD or run the downloaded installer i get the message as show on printscreen picture:

HP Install.JPG

And then only nothing more happens. Only after few minutes the window of HP Installer goes off.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.