Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet PRO MFP M125a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

my relatively new LaserJet PRO MFP M125a stopped printing today. Scan function is still working. All lights are on. Cannot print test page. When I try to print Word or PDFdoc, spool is empty, no job is waiting. 

Uninstaled all HP software and drivers, cleaned registry, installed it again. Nothing. Changed USB cable, it worked for few pages, then turned off. When I turned it on, problem is here again. Changed USB cable again, but no luck. 

Windows is fresh, new HP drivers...

Help is needed.

Best regards,

Nikola

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @MaletaBG,

I would like to help you with getting the printer, printing again.

Try and print a hardware self test on the printer to find out if it is a hardware or software issue.

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M176n Printer, and HP LaserJet Pro MFP M125, M126, M127fn, M128fn, and M12...

Please try the steps in this document to see if it will help resolve this issue.

HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will...

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor? (did it print or scan, any error messages)

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the Thumbs up button below.

Thank You. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02,

thank you for your help, but that is not it.

I tried http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02002372, and it worked. But now it wont print Word documents. I have Office 365.

It is very frustrating and time consuming.

I would appreciate any ideas...

Best regards,

Nikola

HP Recommended

Hi MaletaBG,

Thanks for letting me know. I understand how frustrating this can be.

That document that you provided was for the printer not able to print After Upgrading to Windows 7.

Did you upgrade your operating system then and started having the issue, or you just followed the steps in the document?

If you can print from all other applications, then the issue would lie with the Office 365 application.

Make sure the printer is set as the Default printer in the printer driver and the Office Software.

Set or change your default printer.

Run all the Office Updates.

Restart the computer and try printing from Office 365 again.

If you are still having issues, run the repair of Office. Repair an Office application.

You may need to contact Microsoft for further assistance, they might have a patch available.

Please keep me posted.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi Gemini02,

I have been playing around - I cant print Word documents. I can printo some PDF's, but not all. 

This printer is default printer. 

Windows and Office updated, no viruses or other malware. 

Test page (Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Devices and printers - Printer preferences - Print test page) can't be printed. 

I followed this advice - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/HP-Deskjet-2540-will-not-print-some-doc... and went to COTROL PANEL > USER ACCOUNTS > CHANGE USER ACCOUNT SETTINGS, then draged the slider down to "never notify', then restarted my computer.

Now everything is working. I hope it will stay that way.

HP Recommended

Hi MaletaBG ,

Thanks for sharing the fix for getting Office to print. Really appreciate that information.

For the PDF documents that won't print, try and print them as a image to see if that will help.

Open the original PDF file, if necessary.
Click File, and then click Print, or click the Print icon. The Print window opens.
Click Advanced. The Advanced Print Setup window opens.
Select the Print As Image checkbox, change any other settings as desired, and then click OK.
On the Print window, click OK again to begin printing.

Run all the Adobe Updates.

Have a wonderful day! :generic:

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have found a workaround that did the job, at least for me. Go to the shortcut or .exe of the program you want to print from, right click it and select Properties. In the properties window go to the Compatibility tab and click the Change settings for all users button. In the next window check the Run this program as an administrator option. Click OK.  I hope it helps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.