cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

LaserJet Pro MFP M176n Firmware

HP Recommended

Hi,

Any progress on this? I have the exact same problem with none of the suggested solutions working.

// Thomas

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,773 305 600
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @t_HaL,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're experiencing issues with your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M176n Printer's firmware. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

In order to assist you better, I will require more information. 

What operating system are you using?

What troubleshooting steps have you tried previously? 

Is there an error messages when trying to install the firmware?

Are you able to print, copy and scan? 

In the meantime, I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.

• Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
  • Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  • Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  • Try the firmware again.

If you need further assistance, please let me know the following information above.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

As I wrote none of the suggested solutions from the original thread works for me neither. The firmware updater shows the exact same dialogs on all my computers. They all run Windows 10 and has no problem at all finding the printer in my network. As a matter of fact the printer showed up automatically as soon as it initially was connected to my network.

The only reason for me to want to update the firmware is that I hope it will fix the issue that I have to restart the printer every now and then by removing the power cord for my prints to show up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,773 305 600
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @t_HaL,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I see that you're trying to install the firmware in Windows 10, the firmware is not meant to work in Windows 10. Please try the firmware in 8.1 or earlier, for best results.

• Try installing the firmware over USB connection. rather than ethernet.
  • You could try a NVRAM Reset to reset the printer to factory settings, to try the firmware again. I can send you that information in a private message. In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

To clarify, you have to hard reset the printer to get it to print? 

Are you receiving an error message that the printer is offline? 

Do you have the printer connected directly to the modem/router or do you have it connected to a switch? If so, please connect the ethernet cable directly to the router.

Please try the steps within this guide:

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I finally got it working over usb connection on Windows 7, thanks for pointing me in the right direction! 

I tried hard reset but it made no difference, nor did running the firmware over ethernet on W7 or W8.1.

Summary: this firmware update (20150228) doesn't work on W10, it needs a PC running an earlier version of Windows (W7 works at least) directly connected to the printer via USB.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation