Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 1 (703 Views)

Laserjet 1012 Won't Stop Printing Test Pages

My hp Laserjet 1012 has been acting strangely recently. If I leave my printer on, instead of idling, it will print test pages, unwarranted and unannounced.

There are two types of pages that are printed; one, a page that says "Self Test/Configuration", which is less common, and one that says "hp LaserJet 1012 printer", with a picture of the printer and a zebra on it, which has printed multiple times now.

Under the Self Test/Configuration Status Log, there is a code 10.1549 if that means anything.

Anyway, these pages are a waste of paper and ink. I just need them to stop. How can I fix this?

My operating system is Windows Vista 32-bit, Service Pack 2. The printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and is connected via USB.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation