Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Laserjet 1200 manufactured May 29, 2001, model # C7044A. The printer has never given me a problem in the 12 years that I've owned it - bought it new. I printed a document and then when I went to print again, I heard a terrible squealing noise. Determined it was the laser mirror motor and oiled it. Sound went away, but I did get the three lights indicating a fatal error. I opened the printer again and checked all the connections. The lights returned to normal, and the printer is now fine. However, the self test indicates a status log w/the following info:

Code  50005  Page 15,895  

Code 50013 Page 3857

What do the codes mean? Also, how long does a reoiled laser mirror motor usually last? Is it a symptom of something to come?

Thank you for any info.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Code  50005 means Engine Scanner Error

Code 50013 means 51.2 ERROR PRESS SELECT KEY or LASER MALFUNCTION

You will find more information on page 324

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpl13208/bpl13208.pdf

Regards,
affableLJ
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

Code  50005 means Engine Scanner Error

Code 50013 means 51.2 ERROR PRESS SELECT KEY or LASER MALFUNCTION

You will find more information on page 324

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/bpl13208/bpl13208.pdf

Regards,
affableLJ
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
HP Recommended
Thank you. This document is very helpful. Do these errors indicate that something else will occur?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.