Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm trying to print on my Hp Laserjet 500 color m551 and each time I try I get a "13.b2.d2 jam in tray 2".  Looked to see if there's any paper jam and there's nothing.  Is there anyway to get rid of the error message?  Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello,

For troubleshooting a 13.B2.D2 jam, perform the following:

1. Ensure the paper tray guides are set to the correct size
  2. Ensure that all of the rollers are seated and in good condition.
  3. Ensure that the paper tray is lifting the paper up to the pick roller

Have you checked these items?

Regards,

Dave

HP Recommended
DaveK is correct. The most common issue is the backstop for the paper is to tight and prevents the paper from being able to be picked up.
HP Recommended

It might help to know that a 13.B2.D2 "jam" on these printers could mean two different things.  It could actually be a jam where there is a piece of paper left somewhere that needs to be cleared.

However, that same error code could also mean that the paper was never picked from the tray.  In this case, there is no paper to find and remove.  The printer can't tell the difference between the two cases. 

In both cases, opening the tray and checking the guides and rollers should be done.  If there is no paper sticking out of the paper tray, it was probably a no pick situation.

This error can be caused by guides that are too loose or too tight.  If the length guide is too tight, the error will likely happen when the tray is full.  If the length guide is too loose, the error will likely happen as the tray gets near empty.  It is important to get the guide right on the correct indicator for the paper size.

Mike

Although I'm an HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not HP.
HP Recommended

Have rechecked tray 2.

Nothing

Also can not get Tray 1 to Print

HP Recommended

have not been able to use printer at all.

Will not feed from tray 2 and cannot select tray 1.

HP Recommended

Has anyone figured this out yet?

I'm getting 13.B9.D2 errors as well, which are not listed in the service manual.

I have replaced the pickup drive assembly and still getting the same problem.

The paper feeds to the registration rollers and makes a "humming/motor stall" noise then gives the error. It can feed some pages, but usually jams within 2-5 pages.

There does not seem to be any more motors in that area. The registration assembly does not come with a motor. Is this a DC Controller issue?

Please share some knowledge.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello Paul-Andre,

You mentioned:

"I'm getting 13.B9.D2 errors as well, which are not listed in the service manual."

Did you mean to say "13.B9.D2 Errors"?  Please clarify.

Thanks,

DaveK.

HP Recommended

Clarification: I am getting 13.B2.D2 as well as 13.B9.D2 errors.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul-Andre,

Do you have any ideas on what may have occurred just prior to the start of the 13.B2.D2 jams?

Jam removal?

Part replacement?

Printer transportation?

How many pages are on your printer?

Have you replaced the pick/feed rollers?

Does the same jam occur (every 2-5 pages) when using tray 1?

Thanks,

DaveK.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.