cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Laserjet P3015 freezed ( hanged ) when connect to network cable.

HP Recommended
HP Laserjet P3015
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i have problem whith my printers, when the printer boots is stuck and hang at 5/6 process but if i plug off the network cable then it get to process and start. and when its started and i plug the network cable to it again it gets hanged again as i cannot choose anything from its screen , setting options everything is hanged as well as it does not print. 

i am using Windows server 2012 R2 , the Drivers are on File Server .

i tried to upgrade the firmware and i could not, as i don't know how to upgrade its firmware.

your support is highly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
3,668 3,639 228 616
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> and when its started and i plug the network cable to it again it gets hanged again as i cannot choose anything from its screen

Something is chatting with the printer as soon as its network connected and causing an error.  You will have to do some snooping around on your network to figure out what is going on.  If you have access to network administrators ask them to take a look at the communication for you and confirm what is sending/recieving during the network connection for clues.

To confirm if something is specifically targeting your printer you could try switching the printers IP address around.  In DHCP situations temporarily assign it a static IP outside of the DHCP pool.  In Static IP situations pick another IP from a valid subnet.  Test to see if the printer continues to freeze while network connected or not and isolate it down to the source of the problem.  A user may have a custom installation that is running amuck on your network and will need to be cleaned up before you can return to normal.

> i tried to upgrade the firmware and i could not, as i don't know how to upgrade its firmware.

A firmware update is the most likely solution.  Thankfully there are multiple ways to complete them aside from an update over the network.  HP should have an executable available on thier support website that can be run from a direct USB cable connection.  If you dont have direct access to the printer you might have to recruit someone to walk through the steps for you.  From your description as long as you perform the update off the network you should be fine and then can retest for errors. 

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@John_Getzke wrote:

> and when its started and i plug the network cable to it again it gets hanged again as i cannot choose anything from its screen

Something is chatting with the printer as soon as its network connected and causing an error.  You will have to do some snooping around on your network to figure out what is going on.  If you have access to network administrators ask them to take a look at the communication for you and confirm what is sending/recieving during the network connection for clues.

To confirm if something is specifically targeting your printer you could try switching the printers IP address around.  In DHCP situations temporarily assign it a static IP outside of the DHCP pool.  In Static IP situations pick another IP from a valid subnet.  Test to see if the printer continues to freeze while network connected or not and isolate it down to the source of the problem.  A user may have a custom installation that is running amuck on your network and will need to be cleaned up before you can return to normal.

> i tried to upgrade the firmware and i could not, as i don't know how to upgrade its firmware.

A firmware update is the most likely solution.  Thankfully there are multiple ways to complete them aside from an update over the network.  HP should have an executable available on thier support website that can be run from a direct USB cable connection.  If you dont have direct access to the printer you might have to recruit someone to walk through the steps for you.  From your description as long as you perform the update off the network you should be fine and then can retest for errors. 

actually my printers working on Static IP, and i have this problem with all printers not only one. and the ip does not have any problem as i think. its pingable from my network and there is no conflict in it.... 

i want to try to upgrade to firmware mybe the problem will get solve.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation