cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jcutter76
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Laserjet Pro MFP M127FW calibrates but does not scan or copy

HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP M127FW
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Laserjet Pro MFP M127FW calibrates but does not scan or copy from either ADF or copier bed.  Prints just fine. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,643
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jcutter76,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see that you are having issues copying and scanning. I would like to help you resolve this issue. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Please keep the scanner lid open and then press the copy button.

Check if the scanner bulb glows.

Check if the scanner moves freely across the glass.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If the issue continues, please Contact HP Support for further assistance. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
nathan07311983
2 2 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Team,

i would like to ask if you have any alternative solution to this problem.

Regards,

Nathan

0 Kudos
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,643
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @nathan07311983,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that you would like to know if there is a alternative solution. I would like to help.

If the scanner bulb doesn't glow or move freely across the glass, then it is a hardware issue and the printer will need to be serviced.

You can Contact HP Support for further assistance. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Please let me know the results. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
nathan07311983
2 2 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you i have sent the printer to service center as it is still un warranty.
Mavelli
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet MFPM127fw just stopped copying, Tried to get around it by scanning the document intending to print off computer file, but it isn't scanning either. Worked fine copying yesterday. Did all the troubleshooting: unplugged, replugged (it is plugged directly into wall outlet). Reset to default. Reinstalled with Wizard, nothing. It will print a test as well as print from computer but all it does with copy is 'calibrating' and goes back to copy screen. When attempting to scan it - I open the "Scan" window, click on "scan" and it scrolls across the top 'preparing to scan' and just goes back to the original 'scan' screen without scanning.  The scanner bulb isn't lighting when I lift the lid and hit 'copy'-actually nothing happens when I lift the lid and hit 'copy' except for the 'calibrating' icon which soon goes off. What to do next? I e-mailed HP support but don't have coverage and really don't have funds to pay for an anwer. 

0 Kudos
EscapeHere
Level 2
24 12 0 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi friends I also get this error. I really solved it on the internet with the following description. Maybe it might work for you.
http://www.knowerstech.com/hp-printers-calibration-error-copy-scan-problem-calibrating-error-solve/

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation