Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My printer's attention light is on all the time and when i want to print it says 52.0 Scanner Error. It is a HP Laserjet Professional P1102

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi flexman77,

Sorry to hear that You may Click here and check if this helps
1.Ensure the printer is plugged directly to wall socket and not though spike buster /Surge protector .
2.Update the firmware from the product support page, you may Click here and Select your operating system and then download and install.
3. After firmware update is completed, turn off and turn on the printer

Hope this helps you !

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi flexman77,

Sorry to hear that You may Click here and check if this helps
1.Ensure the printer is plugged directly to wall socket and not though spike buster /Surge protector .
2.Update the firmware from the product support page, you may Click here and Select your operating system and then download and install.
3. After firmware update is completed, turn off and turn on the printer

Hope this helps you !

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue .
HP Recommended

Dear,

I purchased barnd new P1102w after unboxing the printer and ready for the print i got the error scanner 52.0 and attention light is continuos on i am disappointed

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums Panjwani,

I see by your post that you are getting a 52.0 scanner error with a single function Laserjet P1102w printer.
I can help you with this issue.

Power cycle the printer.

Is the printer set as the default printer? Change your default printer.

Do you have any other printer's installed on the computer?

Update the printer's firmware and download the newest drivers.

HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer Drivers.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

How is the printer connected? (USB/Wireless)

If you need further assistance, let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

no of the solution work for me, please help

HP Recommended

Dear,

this is an hardware issue there is some problem on sensor which located in open the on the top i have also the same issue and i amm very disapointed with HP a brand new printer have missing sensor and i am very shock that when i go to for hp service sentor

HP Recommended

this is not good at all,some other sides believe it is a scanner that is located in the laser combatment but dont specify how to fix the issue. and it will also cost money to slove the problem or call the authorized HP repair company to fix it

HP Recommended
I have hp laserjet 1102 w code 52.0 scanner error please help me for solution
HP Recommended

Hello,

I see that the firmware update didn't resolve the 52 Scanner Error.

The 52 Scanner error indicates that the printer has experienced an internal hardware error.

Turn the product power off, wait at least 30 seconds, and then turn the product power on and wait for it to initialize.
 If you are using a surge protector, remove it. Plug the product directly into the wall socket. Turn the product on.

If the issue persists, keep the printer turned Off for 3 mins and turn it back ON.

If the issue continues, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for further assistance. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

My printer is HP Laserjet M1212nf MFP. I was very nervous about these instructions but when the 52.0 Scanner error wasn't going away, I decided to dismantle the printer by opening the screws; 4 on top, 2 hidden upside down the cover, and 2 others behind - a little over the scanner glass.

And then I opened, I blew air from the mouth, cleaned around with a shaving spirit with a smooth towel, and used my bio oil (Cosmetic) to wet the [cogs, gears and the scanner teeth). I was inspired by this youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAx2RZWmY_c and also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGLYd1OeEyI

Be very careful because of the dramatic way the cover jumps up when you that button is pressed.

It worked perfectly aftrer. I can't believe that techie guy wanted all that money to repair it.

I answered this from another forum and I wanted people to know that 52.0 error comes about because of lack of lubrication!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.