Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3397 104 614
Message 11 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laserjet m175nw connecting to wifi

Are you saying that your device installation fails to complete when you try to set up your LaserJet m175nw on a Windows PC?  

What is the operating system of the computer you are having problems with (Windows 7 64-bit or Windows XP)?  

How are you trying to set this printer up (USB, wireless, or Ethernet)?

Are you trying to install from the installation disk or from the HP website?  

Any specific error messages?

Windows PCs do not use Bonjour, so your steps will be completely different.  Answer those questions for me please and I will do my best to help you with your installation. 

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
0 Kudos
SRoulstone Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 12 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same issue running OSX 10.6.8, and followed the above directions to get the printer connected to my network.

However, although it's connected wirelessly, I can print a test page from the HP Utility, and scan a document, whenever I try to print from an application, the document just sits in the print que.

The printer symbol is showing, and it says it's "Printing 'Essay', with "connected to printer" written underneath it. But nothing is happening.

Here's a screen grab

Screen shot 2013-06-27 at 16.03.17.jpg

So, any ideas on how to get the printer to print from applications?

Thanks

Simon

0 Kudos
GoodwillTech Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 13 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In the menu on the printer, make sure "show device ip" is displayed.

Plug it into your network with a cable, and then turn it off and back on.

(I am assuming you have a DHCP server, if not then you'll need to set an ip manually on the device)

Once restarted, it will display the IP (network address) of the printer.

Open and browser and type the IP in the address bar.

Select the Network tab on the devices webpage.

Under wireless network, select your wireless network and enter password.

Once it verifies and save it will tell you that you'll need to remove the network cable before the wireless will connect.

The wireless display button on the front (blue) should blink and turn solid when it is connect.

Run the setup software, it will find your printer on the network.

0 Kudos
fitzmauricepett Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 14 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thankyou it worked, your post has just released me from 4 hours of frustration and anguish. I can go to sleep a happy man, my wife can go to sleep a happy woman, my cat can go to sleep a happy cat, im not too sure about my fish, but they seem happy too. Many Thanks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation