cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Solved!

LaserjetPro 200 colour MFP M276nw

HP Recommended

System is Win 7 Ultimate 64bit Service pack 1 latest updates applied. Latet software package installed for the MFP and firmware updated to latest version. The device fails to scan to the pc I have run HP print and scan doctor and the device responds but the microsoft ( WIA ) fails. The driver software has been reinstalled several times but with the same result. The MFP scans to a local USB memory stick without issues and prints perfectly. Checked that the WIA service and its dependancies are running, they are, tried starting and stopping the services but that had no effect, seem to be out of options

Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
40 40 2 3
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try following this procedure

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/What-do-I-do-if-the-HP-Print-and-Scan-Dr-fa...

I am an HP employee.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Thumbs Up below*
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried this previously did not work, tried again same result.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
40 40 2 3
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After making sure the PnP-X IP Bus Enumerator service is running and the WIA service is running, try with the windows firewall turned off if it's on -- The firewall may be blocking needed ports.

I am an HP employee.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Thumbs Up below*
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
386 384 16 76
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is this connected USB or network?   If network, can you try USB and see if that makes any difference?

Also, what happens if you use another software app such as Windows Fax & Scan?

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The MFP is connected via USB tried using the network same result. I will try the MS fax and scan and let you know what happens.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft fax and scan failed. Dialog box message "There was a problem and the scan could not be completed......"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
386 384 16 76
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Very strange.   Can you capture wiatrace.log found in \windows\debug\wia, send me a PM and I'll give you an email to send it too...

Also, the Print  & Scan doctor creates a couple log files in your %temp% folder, can you send those as well?  You can get to your %temp% folder by going to Start menu, select Run..., and then enter %temp% in the dialog box.

HPDiagnosticCoreUI_PSdrClient.log

HPDiagnosticCoreUI_PSdrServer.log

Thanks

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The PnP -x ip bus Enumerator service was not started. Swithed it to automatic - no change

scanner_002.jpg

scanner_001.jpg

hp software fails.jpg

All services confirmed working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
386 384 16 76
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Everyone,

I worked directly with andyw046 here to collect driver logs and get to the root cause of the problem.   Turns out that a temporary folder that the driver relies on had been deleted on his systems, which was causing the driver to fail.   We are unsure as to how the folder was deleted (it could have been a PC tune-up tool of some kind), but none-the-less it was gone.   

The folder in question that was missing was this:

%WINDIR%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp

(e.g. C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp\)

Specifically, the highlighted part of the path was missing.   We re-created this folder and the driver magically started working again!    

If other folks are seeing problems on Windows 7 with recent Laserjet devices not scanning, this could be the source of the problem.  

I will work with the sustaining engineering teams at HP to get a check for this in place in the HP Print and Scan Dr, and will also work to get the driver fixed to check that the path actually exists.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation