cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
belliott349
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Letter-size photo paper jams

HP Recommended
Envy 4520
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Letter-size photo paper consistently jams in my Envy 4520 printer. 4x6 photo paper and letter-size copy paper print perfectly. How can I fix this? Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,530
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@belliott349

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer. I read that the Letter-sized photo paper constantly jams in the printer. The 4x6 photo paper and the letter size copy (plain paper) print fine. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Please try to make a copy using the Letter-sized photo paper and check if it copies well.
  • Also, check if the print settings and ensure that the correct paper type and paper quality is selected from the print application.

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

I checked the paper-handling specifications and found that the  Letter-sized photo paper is supported by the printer (Source: Paper-handling specifications)

I suggest you to perform the steps as described in detail from this link to clear the paper jam issue.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation