Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have tried aligning print head, cleaning feature etc and nothing works. I am missing one complete line from everything I print. I have tried resetting everything and also switching printer on and off....

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Is the missing line white (blank)?  Does it go across the short direction of the page or down the length of the page?  Is the line a single one or is it repeating?  If repeating what is the distance between lines?  

Does the line happen in both black and color copies as well as printing from the computer?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Horizontally across the page - usually only when using black

It is a single blank line that does not get re-produced elsewhere on the page

HP Recommended

Could you scan a sample with the defect and post it here?  If you scan as an image you can upload it using the "Insert/edit image" icon in the toolbar, two spaces to the right of the gray smiley face icon above.

If you cannot scan the image please describe the defect in more detail.  Does it occur on the same place on the page?  Is it a distinct gap or a bit fuzzy on the edges?  About how wide is the gap?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob - Please see below

Thanks for your help

Shona

HP Printer error.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi Shona - If you reprint this page does the defect appear in the same place?  

I notice if I zoom in on your scan that the text is clipped in the line above as well.  The interesting part is that the white text is also clipped.  This would indicate the issue is not that the printer is not printing the line, but rather may be related to the text size in the form being clipped. For example, if the text box has a height for 16pt but the text is actually 24pt high.  What program are you printing from?

clipped.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.