Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4502
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys, 

I joined Instant ink over 12 months ago, and since then I have been paying the £1.99 a month for the monthly 50-page service. I have been receiving ink when required as the service promises, on a few occasions Ithe ink has either been lost or damaged in transit so a replacement order has been created for me. Which I have no problem with.

Last month I cancelled my service, I thought I would use up the glut of ink that I have 2 full sets, My Sub cancelled on the 17th April, surprised to learn that from my next billing date I was not able to use the ink at all, so these 2 full sets that have paid for are no use nor ornament, so i signed up again with the same printer, today I have received an email mail telling me a new kit has been shipped.

My question is this.... I do not do a lot of printing, I will shortly have 3 full sets of Ink, (BTW Printer is still 3/4 full of ink).

I am paying for a service that if I cancel I cannot use the ink that has been sent to me previously.

Seems like a bit of a waste to me. I accept the fact that a full set of Ink from a web retailer (Amazon // HP is just over £20), would I be better off cancelling, and buying ink as I need it, I cannot see a way of using the ink I currently have that has been paid for.

Advise!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @Ghost16,

Consider this, 

$2.99 a month x 12 months is $35.88, you'll pay more than that for a single XL black cartridge. The Instant ink cartridges have more ink in them than the XL cartridges so they will last longer. The idea is to save you money and send you ink as you need it. 

* When you enroll in an HP Instant Ink plan, you pay a monthly fee to print a defined number of pages per month. The plans are based on the number of pages that you print, not on how many ink cartridges you use. Your monthly fee pays for ink, shipping, and recycling. If you do not print all of your plan pages in a month, you can roll over up to the number of pages per month in your plan. If you need additional pages, they are automatically provided in blocks for only $1. A printed page counts the same whether it's black and white, a color document or a photo.

There is no annual fee and you can cancel or change plans anytime without penalty. As part of the service, HP will send you HP Instant Ink replacement cartridges and postage-paid recycling envelopes, before you run out of ink, at no additional cost.† Your billing month starts when you insert an HP Instant Ink cartridge in your enrolled printer.
HP checks the ink usage of your enrolled printer, so we will know when to send you more ink. You will always have ink when you need it.† HP Instant Ink cartridges can only be used in printers you have enrolled. Used HP Instant Ink cartridges must be returned in the postage-paid recycling envelopes provided by HP. Returned cartridges will be recycled by HP Planet Partners

* Source: http://m.hp.com/us/en/ads/instant-ink/faqs.html#faq-1

You're not paying for the ink, so you can keep it so you have extra on hand in case you ever need it, or you can mail it back. We can send you a postage paid return label. If you decide to cancel, then yes you have to buy retail cartridges, but then you are paying for the ink and it will likely cost you more. You have to consider how much printing you do, and how much ink you use. The more ink you're using the more money you;re saving being subscribed to the Instant Ink service. 

If you would like information specific to your printer model and your usage, please provide me with either your Instant Ink account number, or the email address you used to enroll so that I can look up your account. 

I ask that you do not post this information publicly, instead, send me a private message. 

How To Send A Private Message - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Cheers,
Lisa
 - HP Instant Ink Support

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.