cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
BBMGRNR
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

M251nw - changing connections to wired from usb or wireless

HP LJ 200 Pro M251nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My company has 4 HP Laserjet 200 Pro M251nw printers. All of these printers were previously setup as USB or Wireless.  We would now like to change the connection for all of the printers to Wired networking. 

I previously tried uninstalling a printer that was wireless and reinstalling it as wired, but that resulting in the computer/printer not spooling jobs.

What is the easiest way to change connections to wired for previously installed printers?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Retired
Retired
768 631 42 97
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @BBMGRNR,

Welcome to the HP Forums, and thanks for posting!

I would like to help you with the issues you are having installing your multiple HP LaserJet M251nw computers over a wired connection to Windows 7 computers.

Anytime that you are re-installing the printer with a different connection type, you run the risk of ending up with multiple instances of the printer in your Devices folder. This just tends to create confusion, as you can be accidentally selecting your previous printer connection and nothing will print.

What I'd recommend doing is uninstalling the software completely from all of the computes, that way you'll eliminate any confusion for the users of those computers. If you need assistance on the uninstall process, you can follow the steps as outlined here - HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software

I'd also recommend downloading the most recent software, rather than using the original CD. You can download the latest version for your printer here - HP LaserJet Pro 200 color M251 Series Full Feature Software and Drivers

I hope this helps!

:cathappy:

HeyListen
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

Highlighted
BBMGRNR
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the response.  The instruction you gave were similar to what I tried previously.  They worked on the other 3 computers, so I assume the first one that I had trouble with had other OS issues.

Thanks for the help, those steps worked!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation