cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
SWLMD
Level 1
7 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

M3035

HAVE M3035 MULTIFUNCTION COPIER/FAX   WHEN COPYING DOCUMENT THROUGH FEEDE, SOLID BLACK LINE ON LEFT.  DOES NOT HAPPEN WHEN I COPY FROM GLASS.   HOW DO I CLEAN OR REMOVE THIS.   HAVE CHANGED TONER.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
jandsbob
Level 4
128 128 9 7
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

M3035

This is caused by dirt or a scratch on the glass where the scanner bulb sits when scanning through the ADF (left hand side of the glass). Make sure to clean the white plastic stripe on the ADF lid as well.

0 Kudos
SWLMD
Level 1
7 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

M3035

how do you clean the white plastic stripe.   there is nothing in the manual or on line support.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jandsbob
Level 4
128 128 9 7
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

M3035

Not sure for that model, we have 200 printers here and every time this happen it's caused by this, never a hardware issue just dirt.

The reason it happens makes sense. The ADF parks the scanner bulb in one spot then draws the paper over the bulb's location, if there is dirt there it means the entire document gets the streak from top to bottom.

0 Kudos
SWLMD
Level 1
7 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

M3035

how do you clean it or do you need a tech to come out and take apart.

0 Kudos
jandsbob
Level 4
128 128 9 7
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

M3035

You shouldn't need to, if it's like all the ones we have there is a section of the scanbed directly to the left of the letter sized area. Thats the area that needs to be cleaned. I think there's a couple of units where you need to lift the document feeder since it's attached to the scanbed but it's specifically designed to be servicable by the enduser, no screendrivers required.  Directly above that area is a small white stripe of plastic that that should be cleaned as well. I looked but can't find a picture of it anywhere.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation