cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sohail_A_Khan
Level 2
Level 2
21 20 0 6
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Error 49 is communication / Firmware error

The best and recommended way to print a PDF file to HP printers is by using a UPD PS driver

To download the UPD PS driver from HP website, please find the link below

Link: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

if the issue still persist then

Check the firmware datecode by printing a configuration report from the printers menu options and update the same to a latest one available on HP webiste.

Link : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

(OR)

As a work around you may try following steps on the printer driver on your PC

Open Printer Properties ->Select Advanced Tab ->Select Printing defaults ->in the  new window Select Advanced -> Following options needs to be changed

Raster Compression: Maximum Compression

Send True type as bitmap:Enabled  

Printer Optimizations: Enabled             

I work for HP.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem

Best Regards

Sohail Arshad

0 Kudos
Mark-Dym
Level 1
12 8 0 0
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Apologies for the necropost but I could not find a solution here, but was able to solve this.

Symptoms: M401dn connected directly to network. Message displayed said Printing Document, a few seconds later the message 49 Service Error was displayed with the instructions to restart the printer. The printer restarted itself automatically, after which the same symptoms were repeated over and over.

Manually restarting made no difference. Removing power lead for a minute (and 30 mins) made no difference. Updating the firmware made no difference.

However, when I removed the power lead and removed the network cable, then powered the printer back on, the error was not displayed.

I went around the client PC's connected to this printer and discovered one which had a document in the queue with an error. After deleting the document and re-connecting the network cable the error disappeared.

I hope this helps someone else 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation