Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro M402n
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

All of a sudden, my M402 won't print envelopes in Word from the Mailings>Envelopes menu.  Envelopes feed through manual feed, but nothing prints on them.  Tried updating driver - no luck.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling printer - no luck.  Prints address correctly on plain paper using manual feed when envelope set to letter size 8-1/2x11 envelope, but won't print on #10 envelope.

This just started... not aware of any system changes that occurred.

It's driving me nuts.  HELP!!  I don't want to have to buy a Canon printer just to print envelopes!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

My HP Laser Jet M402dn is doing the same thing. It was working just fine, then last Friday 7/21/17 it wouldn't print envelopes. It will pull the envelope through the manual feed (which it what I had been using) but nothing prints on it. It will however print the address on a plain sheet of paper. This is driving me crazy!! 

HELP!!

HP Recommended

Same thing happened. I tried printing a cheque using Envelope #10 and it would print blank. Please assist its urgent.

HP Recommended

Solved. 

Envelope Size: Envelope #10

Paper Source: Tray 1

Paper Type: Envelope

Print on Both Sides: No

Pages per Sheet: 1 Page per Sheet

Print Quality: ProRes 1200 (132 lpi), EconoMode

Orientation: Landscape

HP Recommended

I found my problem.  It was the specific envelopes we were using.  The ones that wouldn't work were self-sealing, with two flaps and a space between the two flaps.  Apparently there is a sensor which detected the space and determined that the envelope wasn't right.  Everything works fine with standard non-self sealing envelopes, and with the self-sealing envelopes with only one flap.  We won't be buying the "cheap" two-flap envelopes again!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your post. It's been driving me crazy. What you suggested worked! Changing to envelope size 10 worked.

HP Recommended

I found a work around solution.  I was trying to print 6 3/4 envelopes (the smaller ones) and I couldn't get the address to center correctly.  Step 1. Don't be in the Envelope print window, just be where you just open Word.  Go to file on the upper left and go to Print and change the paper from Letter to A4.  Step 2 go back to where you are going to print your envelope.  Normally, most people would select the option the second one from the right where you select how the envelope is going into the printer.  I would normally select that it is facing up with the right side going in first in the landscape postion.  You want to change this to select the option so you are feeding the envelope straight in so the return address is in the top left and the stamp would be on the top right.  Once you do this, put the envelope in the printer like you used to normally do it and the address will print perfectly.  You are just tricking the computer but this did work for me. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.