cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
CharleySays
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Recommended
M452
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This Post contains my problem and my solution.

The Office has 4 computers - the printer would intermittently not print from 2 machines. The printer is wireless and the PCs are all on the same small office network and are wired. The pc's that would not print saying the printer was offline, sometimes - it was not offline. I updated the firmware on the printer, used the HP scan and print doctor software and updated the drivers and still no joy.

The printer would work on all machines and then later not work on one, two or sometimes three of the machines.

For three days intermittent results. Install - reinstall - reboot - and have a patient but frustrated client.

---------------------------------

My solution - Hardwire the printer and presto all seems very stable - With no changes to software.  The wireless software in the drivers and or in the printer is not to be trusted. The printer sits in one spot and is not moving so the wireless should work equally well from all machines. All machines were all windows 10 64 bit.

Conclusion - The wireless functions on this printer are not to be trusted.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
OracleMcSnacker
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I also have intermittent WiFi problems with the M452.  I am thinking about trying a WiFi bridge that plugs into the wired LAN port on the printer.  It also has sleep and power down timers that cannot be disabled.  I have used several HP color Laserjet printers over the years without any troubles.  This one is most annoying.

0 Kudos
RJZ1
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was about to start a new thread, but this sounds close enough to my problem, that I will add what I know: 

I got the printer a few months ago and had a terrible time installing it. Next printer will be an Epson! I have one of their inkjets and it just worked (100% wireless)!!! To make a long story short, here is my configuration:

Firmware up to date.

M452 running wirelessly to a dsl/wifi router

2 win 10 64 pcs connect via ethernet to the same router. These machines installed and ran perfectly - using the router assigned ip address and a PCL6 driver which the about box calls version 8.10.1320.2893 - probably from win update? No intermittant problems AT ALL! 

The problem is with 1 of my 2 laptops.

I have disabled the "wifi direct" capability on the printer because it seemed to be interfereing with things.

Laptop 1 is running win 10 32 and I've been struggling with it for 2 days now!!!! 

Downloaded and installed both the PCL6 and PCL-6 drivers (without installer because I used the installer version last time and it was more trouble than it was worth) .... the file names are HORRIBLE for trying to keep them straight! The PCL6 I'm running now is version 8.00.1326.3536. This is what the HP web site calls 16118. Had to force the wizard to use the ip address assigned by the router..... even with wifi direct off it wanted to use some funky port address.... still scratching my head about this.

So now I can shed some light on the intermittancy issue: 

Print test page works first time after installing the driver (have disk method, as recommended on the site). After that, no dice. Sometimes an error message, sometimes not.

Here's the interesting part: Notepad CAN print reliably. My email program, Eudora (ok, stop laughing!) does too!

Adobe reader does not print and gives no error message.

Word and excel can not print and say something's wrong (netork or cable error).

My other laptopt is win 10 64. It is also running perfectly with 8.10.1320.2893 and wifi to the same dsl router with printer ip address forced.

So with this new info, does anybody have any answers for my 32 bit machine?  

As for the sleep and power down timers.... I have yet to figure out what the power down one does, but the printer goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes as selected and wakes up when needed, days or weeks later. Power down is set for the minimum which I think is 2 hours....

I hope some of my research will sove some of your problems too!

THANKS!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation