Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro color m452dn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My M452dn has splotches down the left side of the paper. The problem seems worse when I print a cleaning page. I looked at the toners and they seem to be clean and unscratched. If this helps, when I print a cleaning page, not only are there splotches, but the page comes out wrinkled. I don't know if these two problems are related. I know that toners are usually the problem, but these are real HP toners (we're an HP toner & ink dealer). I figured that finding this problem would be easy, but I could use whatever help the community can give me. Below is a scan of the cleaning page and what it looks like on an alignment page. 

Thanks, 

Steve Young

Greenwood Office Outfitters

Fort Worth, Texas

scan.jpgscan0026.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @StevelnTx,

This is definitely a fuser issue. Replacing the fuser unit will resolve this problem. Fusers are considered comsumables and they will have to be replaced every time they reach near the end of their life cycle. Otherwise, you may damage your printer.

Please be sure you order the correct one according to your country's voltages:

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=CE506A&opt=&sel=DEF

Cheers! 

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.