Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fdw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am getting the following error:  This product is unable to calibrate. Close the lid and remove paper from the document feeder or flatbed.

There is no paper in the document feeder or flatbed.  Help...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Turn the printer off and remove the power cord.  Also remove usb or network cable and turn off all computers that print to this printer.  Turn the printer back on and tell us if it comes to ready or the same error.

HP Recommended

Just so folks know, I ended up just returning the printer to Amazon in exchange for another.  I wasn't going to mess with it.  I was only able to find other posts of users experiencing the same error on different HP printer models, but none had an answer.  

HP Recommended

I too am having this issue with a M477fnw. I have tried powering off everything, reinstalling software, checking to see if firmware needed updated (no) and still getting the same message. Have not found anything with an answer on the internet or in any forum. Anyone have an answer or suggestion?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.