cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
zipwood1
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

M601dn smudges at warm up 3 3/8" aprt

HP Recommended
M601DN

Hey there.  i have a client with an HPM601DN that has rpinted only 47,000 pages.  At warm up they get a "smudgy issue" :

2  bands vertical about 2  3/8" apart.  Pretty much in center of page.  After a few pages, it goes away.     

the "band smudges" are about 1/4" wide.   Seems to be from some sort of roller?   Me thinks fuser but,  fusers should last more than 47,000 pages?

any advice is appreciated.  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,679 305 668
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That does not match anything on the repetetive defects ruler.

Here's what is closest:

Developer roller 63 mm (2.5 inches) (should be voids not smudges)

Tray 1 pickup roller 63 mm (2.5 inches)

Do the smudges smear if you rub them?

Can you post a picture?

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
0 Kudos
zipwood1
Author
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. 

I have just received a bit of a bad "photocopy" of the issue.   there appaers to be MORE than two "smudges"  

starting at the LEFT:   MOST ARE SLIGHT VOIDS

2"

2.5"

3.25"

6"

7.5"

tought to really see but an apparent pattern.

the ink doe not "wip off"

goas away after warm up 

appreciate your patiens.

0 Kudos
SHThompson
Level 12
3,729 3,679 305 668
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left is a relative term, but I'm going to treat this as you are printing in portrait mode and scanning left to right across the page.

How much Toner is left in the cartridge?  Voids can be due to low toner, but usually get worse as you print.

Fusers do not cause voids, the toner would be there but no adhere to the paper and would smear when wiped.

Do a half self test:

Load paper in Tray 1

Print a test page, it should feed from Tray 1

When the paper is almost fully into the machine pop open the Toner Access Door, that will stop paper motion.

Open the door, remove the cartridge

Inspect the page while it is still in the printer, if you see voids it is not the fuser, you are looking at an unfused image.

If you see voids on the paper then flip over the toner cartridge and pull back the shutter, you can see a faint image where toner has already beentransfered off the OPC Drum and a darker image where the toner has not been transfered.

yet.

If there are voids on the Drum then replace the cartridge as it's highly likely that is the problem.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation