cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
dorkbeavis
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Mac Lion - Scanning Multiple Docs

After installing Lion on my Mac I cannot scan multiple documents to my desktop through my doc feeder. I have a HP 6500 wireless. It used to scan and place multiple docs on my desktop and now it doesn't matter how many docs I put into the doc feeder. It will only put one on the desktop. Other pages show in the scanner window, but there is no way to access them. I have to do one page at a time. Very tedious.

0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
Retired
Retired
20,467 20,434 1,425 4,869
Message 2 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

What app are you using?  If Image Capture, do you have the Document Feeder chosen as the source and not Scanner Glass?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
0 Kudos
dorkbeavis
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the reply. I have no problem selecting the document feeder and it would not scan without choosing it. The problem is that the last document through the feeder will be the only one shown on the desktop. But in the scanner window, it shows that all the pages did scan. I did not have this problem pre-Lion. All docs showed up on the desktop immediately after they scanned.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I assume when you save the document only the last page is part of it?  If that is the case I really don't know what is wrong, sorry.

I am employed by HP

0 Kudos
billja
Level 1
12 12 0 0
Message 5 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Did you ever find an answer to this?  It's been driving me nuts for months now.  I cannot get my HP6500c to scan from the document feeder from Lion at all

I have two mac's, one MacBook Pro that is running Snow Leopard (10.6.8) the other a MacBook Air running Lion (10.7.4)

On the MBP, I can open up the printer control panel, click scan, select the document feeder and scan any number of pages that I like.

On the MBA, when I do the same thing the scanner feeds teh first page and then it fails.  The only way to even have the printer come back on line is to power cycle the printer.  

The printer is connected to my network via a hard ethernet cable, both the MBA and the MBP are wireless.

Suggestions anyone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I guess I have learned a few things in the last few months.  I have a few more ideas 🙂

First, make sure the HP software in your Applications folder is meant for yiour Snow Leopard machine (Version:10.3).  Lion should have no HP software in your Applications folder.  Please advise.

We may need to do a 'scrub' uninstall of the HP software if it is the wrong software for the version of OS X.

Next, try scanning from the Image Capture app in your Applications folder.  Click once on the scanner on the left side, then click "Show Details", then Overview.  Pick the scanner source in the upper right and set the other settings as you wish.  Pay special attention to the "Combine into single document" checkbox.

I am employed by HP

0 Kudos
billja
Level 1
12 12 0 0
Message 7 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I too am having this issue with my new MacBook Air with Lion.  I've not been able to find an answer anywhere.

The 6500 is set up wirelessly on my network.  I have two machines, one MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and one MacBook Air running Lion.  

I can scan documents from the document feeder on the MacBook Pro (Snow Leopard)

I can't scan documents from the document feeder on the MacBook Air (Lion)

The Lion machine will scan the first page of the document and then the scan will fail.  The printer/scanner doesn't even feed the second page and from that point forward the MacBook Air (Lion) can't find the scanner.  I have to reset the printer.  I can scan single page documents from either machine.

There is NO HP software in teh applications folder on the Lion machine.  

I really need to find a solution to this since I need to upgrade the MacBook Pro and my other iMac to Mountain Lion soon and that will remove my only solution for scanning multiple page documents.  right now I scan them on the MacBook Pro and then copy them over my network to the MacBook Air for use.  

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
Message 8 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Restart your Mac.

Reset the printing system:

- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

billja
Level 1
12 12 0 0
Message 9 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Perfect, this worked.  

Thank you!

(I couldn't click the kudos star, it got me a server error on your web side)

0 Kudos
PBStearns
3 3 0 0
Message 10 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I followed your directions exactly.  I am still not able to scan on my HP Officejet 6500 on a new MacBook Pro Retina Display running Mountain Lion.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation