cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rob1001
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Magenta Printhead dies at 10%

HP Recommended
Hp Designjet 800

Hi there,

I have a designjet 800 with 1 issue.

Magenta printhead dies 10-12% in to its life.

It basically starts prining white banding and gets progressively worse 10 to 12% into its life.

Replaced Magenta Printhead over 10 times now in the last few weeks.

Prints perfect with new printhead for a short while.

Any ideas?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Irishpig
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Seems that it would be a ISS or Ink Tube issue as once the ink in the new printhead is used up it is not being replenished? check for air in the tube system where it connects to the carriage assy and if possible order a set of setup printheads and purge the system?  

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for contacting with HP Support Forum. 

You just check Ink tube, if their have air inside the inktube. It can be possible as well problem. You also clean printhead contact point.

Can you please confirm, are you using HP original ink cartridges.  If no, please try at first original HP ink cartridge then check again what is the conditions.

I hope that all information will help to you,  if you need anymore help please contact with us.

Regards

Radhed

If it is help to you please give me thumbs and accept my solutions. 

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Irishpig
Level 1
8 7 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I appologize, you need to prime the ink tubes not purge! you do this in the service utilities

rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for contacting with HP Support Forum. 

You just check Ink tube, if their have air inside the inktube. It can be possible as well problem. You also clean printhead contact point.

Sometimes that problem will make from trailing cable,  you may try to replace new trailing cable and check again. 

Please follow the steps. 

Can you please confirm, are you using HP original ink cartridges.  If no, please try at first original HP ink cartridge then check again what is the conditions.

I hope that all information will help to you,  if you need anymore help please contact with us.

Regards

Radhed

If it is help to you please give me thumbs and accept my solutions. 

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

With the power off remove the magenta printhead and then take a syringe and place the needle in the cap in front that the pin the printheads goes into and then draw ink into the syringe. If you draw ink without bubbles that is usually an indication that there is no air in the tubes. If you get bubbles then draw ink until the bubbles stop. If you can not draw any ink that would indicate the tube is clogged or the ink service station has an issue. Once you get good flow of ink from the tubes you need to replace the current printhead since it now has air in it and will only cause the issue to continue. Do not use the prime or purge tool of the plotter unless you have setup heads on hand. Once you choose to do this procedure it can not be cancelled and you need setup heads to perform the purge. The syringe works best since you do not need setup heads are only concerned with one color and do not need to run the purge routine.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation