cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
millie
Level 1
8 3 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

MagicJack on AIO 6310: ECM Baud

HP Recommended

To get MagicJack (a voip provider) working with the 6310 fax the manual says I need to turn off ECM and reduce the baud rate to the lowest possible.

Can someone tell me how to do this on the 6310?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The baud rate can be changed only by your service provider. But you try changing the fax speed to medium and see if it works. Do this by pressing the Setup button>Advanced Fax Setup>Fax Speed. It MAY be under Basic Fax Setup. I cant remember where exactly it is.

I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
0 Kudos
ShellyBGood
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too would like to fax using my MagicJack. I have an all in one 5500 series. I could not find anything that said fax speed. Could someone please help. I have a fax I must send out.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Shelly, Did you try pressing the Setup button, then selecting 'Advanced Fax Setup' and then selecting 'Fax Speed'?
0 Kudos
ShellyBGood
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This is all in one model 5500 series. I tried basic and advanced fax and there is nothing about speed.
0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Then keep pressing teh 'Fax' button on the printer and you should be able to scroll through the options. Now look for Fax Speed.
0 Kudos
ShellyBGood
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I finally found it. It is listed in numbers: 34/17 and I lowered it to 17. It still did not work. I even tried to pause after the dial tone and then put in the fax number and it did not work. I will re-contact MagicJack. They have told me in the past to contact my fax manufacturer - it is everyone's fault but theirs!

If you think of anything else, please let me know.

0 Kudos
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,478 304 1,048
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Though easier said than done, if I were you, I'd connect a regular phone line to the fax machine for faxing. Cos more often than not, faxing will not work correctly with this type of a phone service.
0 Kudos
joecarideo
4 3 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Millie, faxing using your MagicJack is tricky at best. You will get frustrated so just prepare yourself, especially if you have several pages to fax at the same time. I lowered my fax speed to medium, and try to use it at wierd hours. Remember, you're faxing over an IP connection so you may experience problem during peak usage times.

MagicJack does not recommend using it for fax purposes, but I've managed so far.

Good Luck

J

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation