cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
OnlySorrow
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Make my A516 Photosmart Printer Print!

HP Recommended
Photosmart A516
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I'm connected to my MacBook via USB. I can print test pages, but nothing else. I've gone through all the steps in the troubleshooting guide. The computer can communicate with the printer, because when I tell it to print a sample page it does so beautifully. But it won't print any of my photos. I've tried several programs and even the HP Photo Creations thing. Everything says the print was successful, ACCEPT nothing comes out of the printer! What must I do to print my own photos? Do I have to replace what the printer has as a sample page? Can I? Is there some preferred software? All drivers are updated. Everything uninstalled and reinstalled. All connects are connected.

Again, when I tell it to print a test page or sample page from the computer, it does so. The sample image looks great. Nothing physically wrong with the printer. Brand new ink cartridge too. I just want to print pictures! Please help me.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
sanjiwolf
Level 5
Level 5
169 169 12 26
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good day!

I found a post might help:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-Printing-and-Scanning/Mac-OS-10-10-Yosemite-and-HP-Printer-Support/...

Good luck! 🙂

Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you. 🙂
OnlySorrow
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Praise the Sun! That page that linked to the driver page on the HP site solved it! yiss!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation