Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,286 Views)

Memory card error on Officejet 6310 all in one

I have an Officejet 6310 all in one and I can use a 1 Gig SD card in it fine but a 4 Gig SD card gives me a memory card error on the printer screen. Can I upgrade the memory to support the 4 Gig or should I just buy several 1 Gig cards? By the way will the unit support a 2 Gig Card since 1 Gig cards are hard to find in stores? How can I tell what memory the unit supports?

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 3 (702 Views)

Re: Memory card error on Officejet 6310 all in one

Is it possible HP has used a chip with a 2GB limit?

Although our family's experience is not authoritative (or even definitive) it can be said (annecdotally, obviously) that 2GB SD cards can be read from and written to but that 4GB cards will not function.

PS:  No mention is made in the manual; contacting HP might be the only way to get an answer for certain...

Retired
Message 3 of 3 (674 Views)

Re: Memory card error on Officejet 6310 all in one

[ Edited ]

Hi idfubar,

I understand you are looking for the maximum GB size for memory cards for the Officejet 6310.  With the HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One Product Specifications, under Memory card specifications is shown:

Memory card specifications

General recommendations

• Maximum recommended number of files on a memory card: 1000
  • Maximum recommended individual file size: 12 megapixel or 8 MB
  • Maximum recommended memory card size: 1 GB (solid state only)

I hope this information helps, let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation