Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 3 (251 Views)
Accepted Solution

Menu changed, scans disappeared...need help!

As of this morning something has changed with my ability to access & use my scanning function on my printer. I have the 3050A J611 series, and used it last night to both print and scan and everything worked just fine. But when I attempted to scan something just now, nothing is fine. 

It used to be (as recently as last night) that when I clicked on the HP desket icon a menu would open that allowed me to choose which task I wanted to perform. Now when I click on that icon all I see is "printer assistant" for which nothing happens when I click on it, "See what's printing" "set preferences" and "customize your printer," none of which have any bearing on this issue that I can find.

It used to be (as recently as last night) that when I scanned something a window would open that allowed me to make some changes to the scan prior to saving it.  It used to be that all scans were automatically saved to a specific file of my choosing. Now this window no longer opens, and the scan goes off to into limbo where I cannot find it. 

Can someone PLEASE help me figure out what happened and/or how to go back to the way things were?

Thanks in advance!

Remy

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

The solution that I've found for this problem is to uninstall the printer and reinstall using the latest drivers. HP released a new driver package for this printer, and all printers that use similar software, that fixes this problem.

HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers
View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (245 Views)

Re: Menu changed, scans disappeared...need help!

Hi,

My suggestion: Restore machine back to last night using Windows Restore:

Click Start > All Programs ? Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Select the Restore point prior to last night.

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Associate Dean
Message 3 of 3 (234 Views)

The solution that I've found for this problem is to uninstall the printer and reinstall using the latest drivers. HP released a new driver package for this printer, and all printers that use similar software, that fixes this problem.

HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation