cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LegalPrincess
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Message "Automatic Document Feeder Cover Open"- cannot close top left door; printer fell onto carpet

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Printer is working fine for printing e-mail messages, but I cannot make copies because I cannot get the automatic document feeder cover to close.  I can get it down pretty far, but I cannot get it to close  The printer fell onto the carpet, and I think that is why I can't get the clover fully closed.  It closes within a quarter inch, but it won't close all the way.  I would hate to have to get a new printer just for this reason because it is working perfectly fine otherwise.  Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
EmeraldAvenger
Retired
Retired
2,840 2,755 185 362
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there @LegalPrincess, 

Welcome to the Support Forums! Now that you have joined in, you can find solutions, suggestions and many helping hands! I read your post and understand that you are receiving an error that the ADF cover is open. 

Here is a document called The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Paper. I know that is not your exact issue, but the steps in this document should help. 

If you open the top part of the ADF feeder all the way and look inside, do you see anything out of place, broken etc that might be blocking the door from being able to close?

Is the door off center at all?

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting.

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
rjamar
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THE ADF will not close. Nothing appears to be out of line. The catches on the sides may not be adjusted? or something like that.  For a while it printed one document at a time as long as I deleted the print after each printing. Now it will not print at all with the ADF error appearing.

The printer has power etc. the error stops any further action. I need to close the door. How do I do without springing or damaging something?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation