Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Darrell71 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft Word 97 closes when trying to print from File Print on my HP 3055

Microsoft Word 97 closes when trying to print from File Print. It prints ok from the printer Icon. I can print from Excel and Outlook Express.

I have tried reinstalling Office 97 with no luck

I am running Win XP Home SP3. Had the same problem with SP2.

4 REPLIES
mjr6550 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with an HP Pro L7550. Did not have with previous non-HP printer. I notice this post was viewed 847 times so others must have had the problem. Why no answer from HP?
0 Kudos
nomes Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Microsoft word 97 closes when trying to print from file print on my HP L7590.  Microsoft Word 97 closes when trying to print from File Print. It prints ok from the printerIcon.  Installed new hard drive everything was working okay initially, but maybe a week later I started having problems.  Now the printer works okay with other programs on my computer.  Could it be WINRAR (zip program), new hard drive, etc.  When the document does not print I get a hidden file that says (~$13letter) which designates the file that I was in. 

I have tried reinstalling Office 97 with no luck and I am running Win XP Home SP3.

0 Kudos
gmillen Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

letter g and p are cut off

0 Kudos
CountyRds Top Student
Top Student
7 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Take all of the spaces out of the printer name.  There is also a problem going from normal print to draft.  Make sure there are not more instances of word running in task manager.  Remember if you take out the spaces none of the other computers on the network can find that printer now.  It seems like you can put the spaces back once you have printed 1 time for the icon on the tool bar, or you can change the printer names on all the rest of the computers.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation