cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
KO3
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Mirror Printing Problem, now no color

HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6520

I followed the instructions on installing the driver for HP 9800 in order to be able to print mirror image for a t-shirt transfer.  That worked great, but now I have no color.  Everything is now printing black and white.  What do I need to do to restore my color printing?  Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,459 749 1,759
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @KO3,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I noticed that you cannot print in color with your HP Photosmart 6520 printer. I am happy to look into this issue for you! 

To verify the printer's hardware is functional, what happens when you print a test page? HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer. Do you see any color on this page? 

What is the Operating System that you are using? Windows, or Mac? What version? If you do not know the Operating System you are using, please visit this website. Whatsmyos.

If you are using Windows, please try our HP Print and Scan Doctor, and let me know the results! 

Please, take a look through this guide, Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print in Black or Color Ink, as well.

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Thank you for posting, and hope to hear from you soon! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
KO3
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your assistance.  My OS is Windows 7.  I can successfully print a test page and it shows all of the colors.  The Print Quality Report also shows all of the colors.  It seems like I messed up a setting when I followed the directions in another post that recommended installing a new driver so that I could print a mirror image (for a fabric transfer).   Once I did that, the mirror option was there, but lost the ability to print in color.  I have new HP cartridges so that is not the problem.  What do you recommend?

RnRMusicMan
Retired
Retired
14,802 13,459 749 1,759
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi KO3,

Thank you for your reply! 

Please try the following steps in this order: 

Then run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to verify there are no driver conflicts. 

If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope these steps help! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation