cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
hdungee_77
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Missing or Failed Printhead

HP Recommended
Hp Officejet Pro 8610
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Just setup new Printer HP Officejet Pro 8610 "Successfully".. I go to print a photo and it says the printhead appears to be missing, not detected or incorrectly installed.. I double checked the cartridges, etc and everything seem to be in tack.. What else could be the problem?

Thanks for your attention to my problem

Hdungee_77

5 REPLIES 5
X-23
Retired
Retired
4,555 4,086 319 700
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @hdungee_77,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are getting a 'printhead appears to be missing or damaged' message on the front panel of your new HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer. I would like to work with you today with resolving this error message. This does sound like an issue with the Printhead not being correctly seated. The Printhead is the part within your printer that the cartridges fit into. It controls 'reading' your cartridges and putting ink on the page. If the Printhead is not correctly seated than the contacts for the Printhead will not be detected and this will result in a 'Printhead missing or damaged' error message. Please follow the steps below to correct this Printhead error.

To start, can I please have you click here. Once the support document opens please run through Solution two. This includes any sub-steps under the listed Solution. Pay close attention to the Printhead latch and making sure the latch clicks down into place.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
TWECKER
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is complete and total BS !!!
I've spent two days and an hour on the phone with HP.
Not only did they not fix my problem, they made it worse !
Now it won't do anything !
It's an 8610. Warranty expired 11/28/2016 !!!
How convenient.
All they want to do is sell you a new printer.
I don't think they're trying to help at all.
All I can say is I hope you bought an extended warranty !!! 😡

Tags (2)
Omar-E
Retired
Retired
10,015 6,154 119 423
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TWECKER

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
Lamac
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I went through the various troubleshooting suggestions and nothing works. Looks like a lot of people have the same problem: Can't print due to message saying the printhead is damaged, missing, etc. I feel like there may be some simple thing I'm not doing besides these suggestions. Any ideas? Or is there a way to contact HP, if this is a problem with the entire series (HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer)? Thanks.

Tags (1)
TWECKER
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No, it didn't solve my problem and you know it !
They wasted 45 minutes of my time, trying stuff that knew wouldn't work !
After some research, I found that not only are you aware of the problem, but that there is also a lawsuit against it.
As you know, the only way to fix it is to replace the printhead.
You should have just sent me one and taken care of the problem !
We have purchased a lot of hp products over the years. We currently have 3 hp printers.
I'm not sure that we will be purchasing anymore of your products !
Tags (3)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation