cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cj1223
0 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Mozilla Firefox not allow HP Officejet 8500 A909 download for Windows X -hpsupport.qualtrics.com

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8500 A909
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to connect Windows 10 (64) to HP Officejet Pro 8500 909A all in one printer.

I attempted to download all the software, and did so successfully (I think)  till Mozilla  Firefox

operating system sent an error message that said that ... hpsupport.qualtrics.com

has configured their website improperly, and there is therefore no Certification verification,

and that there is possibly danger to my personal computer data.

Thank you for your help.

cj1223

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Drakster
Retired
Retired
4,038 3,773 305 603
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @cj1223,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're unable to download the HP Software for your HP Officejet Pro 8500 All-in-One Printer - A909a. I will certainly do my best to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

It sounds like you're being redirected to a different website, there could be something in the settings of FireFox causing it to do this.

I can assure you that this is not linked to the HP Support page.
hpsupport.qualtrics.com redirects to https://x509.qualtrics.com/ControlPanel/?Brand=hpsupport 

• Click here to download HP Officejet Pro 8500 All-in-One Printer - A909a
  • Are you connecting through a VPN?

If you have difficulties, I recommend trying another internet browser like Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome.

I believe these steps might help resolve the issue.

Reset your Internet Explorer browser settings

1. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

5. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.

6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

7. When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.

8. Close Internet Explorer.

Source

Reset your Firefox browser settings

1. Type about:config in the Address Bar and press Enter. A list of preferences will appear.
  2. Find the preference print.print_printer (Note: this preference is missing in Firefox profiles where you've never used the printer.)
  3. Right-click (context-click) that preference and select Reset. (Some users may need to reset all the print.printer preferences for a particular printer, if resetting this one master preference doesn't solve the problem.)
  4. Restart Firefox and see if the problem is resolved.

Source

Reset your Google Chrome browser settings

1.  In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu
  2.  Select Settings.
  3.  At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  4.  Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
  5.  In the dialog that appears, click Reset.

Source

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation