Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
MFP M476dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello...

It seems I have to power-cycle my printer daily (sometimes multiple times per day) because it locks up.  I send a print command and nothing happens.  Normally, when the printer id functioning properly, simply pressing the power buttin will shut it down.  But when it's in this "frozen" condition, I have to hold the power button down for about 3-5 seconds to get it to shutdown.  Then, when I power it back up, the print queue prints and everything is good... until the next time it has to be power-cycled.

I just updated firmware yesterday, so it's not that. I  have seen others claim to have the same issue.  What's going on?  The printer is connected via ethernet cable to the router.  But, again, the fact that I have to hold the power button down to cycle it tells me that the issue is definitely in the printer and not in the communication to the printer.

Any help is appreciated!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.