Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4527
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A couple of days ago I bought an Envy 4527 printer. The printer works fine and I can print from my mobile phone. I also need to print from my Acer laptop and although I have downloaded the software etc I cannot get anyting to print. The printer does not show up as a specific printer rather as "Other devices" and asking for the  WPS PIN...which I cannot find. If I try to print something the normal print screen comes up and shows the print button but notes it is a web.....something or other, I press print but nothing happens. I need some help please? THanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Justmoved,

Good Day.  Thank you for visiting the HP support forums. I understand that you are having issues with printing from your printer and computer on a wireless network. I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂

Splendid description and superb analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this.

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this to assist you.

• Did you try to reinstall the printer software on the network after uninstalling it?
  • Have you bypassed power strips and connected the computer directly to the wall outlet?

For a start please perform these steps.

Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router

Step 2: Check the network and printer connection status

Step 3: Manually connect the printer to your network (wireless connections only)

Step 4: Run the HP Print and Scan Doctor

Step 5: Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer

Step 6: Uninstall the HP driver and software

Step 7: Reinstall the HP software

Please visit this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/model/11534751/d...  to perform these steps. Please perform all these steps diligently and patiently to try and correct the issue. This should do the trick for you

Please visit this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/model/11534751/d...  to find the WEP  WPA password of the router and to connect to it. There is an associated video also.

Also check this link: http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/printer-setup-help.html  out for troubleshooting wireless related issues with your HP printer.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, despite trying around 4 or 5 times as you suggested my laptop will still not communicate with the printer. Do you have any further thoughts/advice please?

HP Recommended

Hi @Justmoved,

I read the response completely. As I was away on my weekend I could not reply to the post immediately. Great resolve, excellent effort and remarkable troubleshooting to try and get the issue resolved. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

Please perform network defaults on the printer from the user guide. Please refer page#40 for it.

• Then please connect a USB cable to the printer and computer and install the printer.
  • Then you can change the USB connection to a wireless connection. Please check pages 36 and 37 on how to do it from the same user guide.
  • Then follow the steps from this link by clicking here
  • This should do the trick for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Upbutton to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.