Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600
Chrome OS

I have recently purchased a HP Chromebook.  I'm trying to setup my Google Cloud Printing to my HP Officejet 8600.  I have watched the video to help me with the setup and my printer isn't showing up in the devices list.  The video said for me to register the printer using the email address for the printer - I have no idea what that might be.  The printer is connected to the network as all of my other devices can print to it.  Can you please help me with setting up my Google Cloud printing fnction?

Sincerely,

LibbyH923

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you have installed HP Print for Chrome from the Chrome webstore (as mentioned in previous posts) and your 8600 has been switched on for a liitle while then if you start the Print dialogue then click on "Change Destination", you should find your 8600 listed in the "Local Destinations" section. Just click on your 8600 et voila. If you forget to switch the printer on beforehand, the destination will be reset to "Save As PDF". If you follow the method I have outlined here you won't be asked for any IP address.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

I've included a document below that should help.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04122530

With regards to your printer email, section 3 of the link here will show you how to get your printers email address.

"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Have a look here. It is a much simpler method than Google Cloud Print and the printing process is much quicker.

HP Recommended

My Chromebook still doesn't list my printer.  I followed the directions on your document, put the printer email address in and clicked on "connect".  The next message read ; "have the owner share the printer with you"  How do I do that? 

HP Recommended

Is your printer connected wirelessly to your wifi network?

Try downloading this simple app from the Chrome Web Store:  HP Print.  Run the app and add your printer's IP address.  As long as your Chromebook and printer are using the same network, it should work.

Open whatever you want to print, then tap "Ctrl-P".  A dialog box will open.  Choose "Destination" and change it to your printer.  Tap "Print"Done!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Ok, I loaded the app, entered the IP address of the printer on my network, pulled up a file to print and got the dialoge box. However, the "destination" option was not on my dialog box.  The dialog box was titled "Print Settings" and it gave options for the layout and pages that I want to print.  When I clicked on the print button on the box I was asked to save the file, which had already been savec to my files. 

I'm getting really frustrated now.   😞

HP Recommended

Deleted duplicate post (see next)

HP Recommended

If you have installed HP Print for Chrome from the Chrome webstore (as mentioned in previous posts) and your 8600 has been switched on for a liitle while then if you start the Print dialogue then click on "Change Destination", you should find your 8600 listed in the "Local Destinations" section. Just click on your 8600 et voila. If you forget to switch the printer on beforehand, the destination will be reset to "Save As PDF". If you follow the method I have outlined here you won't be asked for any IP address.

HP Recommended

IT WORKED!!  Thanks! 

HP Recommended

@LibbyH923 wrote:

IT WORKED!!  Thanks! 

Um, you're welcome....   😕

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.