cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jesus12
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My ENvy 4250 won't print, my computer says it's in an error state

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4250

I keep sending jobs to my printer from my Lenovo ideapad but the computer keeps sending me a message saying the printer is in an error state and the printer does not print.  How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Chimney_83
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 487 952
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Jesus12,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that whenever you print from your notebook, you get a message saying that the printer is in error state. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Is the printer setup with USB or wireless?

May I know the operating system installed on your computer?

May I know the error you get on the printer's front panel?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Recommend you do a hard reset on the printer. 

Disconnect the power cord from the printer. 

Wait for a minute.

Connect the power cord to the printer and power On the printer and try to print.

Try to make a copy, if possible. 

If you are using a surge protector, recommend you connect the power cord directly to the wall outlet instead. 

If there are no errors on the printer screen, run HP Print and Scan Doctor on your computer to automatically fix any connectivity issues. Click here

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation