Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2050A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm writing this e-message to you all in order to get assistance for some printing issues which arised after solving a paper-jam related incident on my HP Deskjet 2050A. As a matter of fact, when I wanted to print new documents after removing some pieces of paper which obstructed the normal functionality of my  printer,  each piece of paper could not enter the printing area correctly: it seemed like the mechanism suddenly stopped working properly.

How can I fix this? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Fortitudo

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Deskjet 2050A All-in-One Printer. I read that post a paper jam and after clearing the paper jam, the paper does not feed the printing area correctly. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Does the paper jam again while feeding or it does not feed after a certain point in the printer?
  • Do you see any blinking lights on the printer when the paper does not feed?
  • When this happens, does the print carriage move freely? Yu may have to move it manually with your hand.

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

I suggest you to perform "Solution two" and "Solution three" and solution "four" from this link

I hope this does the trick. Keep me posted. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Dear Mkazi,

first and foremost, thank you very much for your warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you, too.

You understood the issue correctly.

A few more details which you asked for in your previous e-message:

• The paper does not feed after a certain point in the printer: I'd say after about two centimeters;
  • Yes, I can see a blinking green light on the power button and a fixed orange exclamation mark near the cancel button when the paper does not feed;
  • It seems to me that the print carriage moves freely.

I tried to follow all your directions, but none of the solutions you recommended worked for me. What should I do now? Service the printer?

Thank you for your assistance

HP Recommended

@Fortitudo

You're welcome. 🙂

I suggest you to reset the printer. I have sent you a private message with reset steps.

Hope this helps and if not then you may contact our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your printer.

Cheers!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.