cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
LaReneJ
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

My HP Envy 4520 printer just started only printer some of the lines on the paper.

HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer was working fine untll recently it only will print some of the lines on the paper.  I seems to be skipping every third and/or fouth line.

4 REPLIES 4
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,150 1,541 3,527
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When you cleaned the print heads did the print improve or not?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
LaReneJ
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am trying to find out how to clean the printer heads.  I found how to, and did, clean the cartridges, but not the printer heads....

sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,150 1,541 3,527
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
LaReneJ
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, I just ended up changing out my black ink cartridge, even though it showed ink sill in the ink level.  Once I changed it for a new cartridge it startined printing properly.  Perhaps, even though there was still ink in the cartridge, it had just dryed out.  I later read that you should turn your printer off when not in use to avoid the cartridges drying out.  I will do this from now on.  Thank you.

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation