Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My HP Photosmart 7520 no longer prints my emails as of about three days ago.  Prior to that I had no problems.

I tried troubleshooting it using all the tools HP provided when I loaded the printer sotfware as well the tools provided by Windows 10.  They all say everything is "OK" but I still cannot print my emails.  When I go to print, instead of saying "Print"  it says "save".  So I can save the email and then print it using Word.  But this shouldn't be.  Please help. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Likeke

It is perhaps the Browser:

Chrome Browser:

Settings (vertical dots) > Print > Destination > Change > Select your Printer as the Default

Try a different browser -- see if there is a difference.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Currently using Windows 10, switched to Google Chrome with same results:  when I click the print button instead of saying "Print" it says "save."  Like I said before I can print the email after I save it but this additional step shouldn't be.

Mahalo for your response.

HP Recommended

@Likeke

If you recently add "two step" verification to your email account.  Lots of programs don't like the setting.  If you have added the extra security, remove it and try again -- check for a difference.

And/Or

Add your email account to the Mail application in Windows 10.

Support - Microsoft - Set up email and calendar

additional information

Windows 10's Built-In Mail App: Everything You Need to Know

This is a nice application - not fancy and it does have a couple of idiosyncrasies - the program provides its own interface with the rest of the system, including your default printing device (default printer).

After you set up, open the program > Click open an email message >

Click the "three dots" (...) along the Top-Right corner of the window > Print

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.