The HP Community is here for you.
04-10-2012 03:57 PM
My HP Photosmart All in one C309a will produce copies anymore. Also, when I try to print out the test pics, there is no "black" in the pics. I cleaned the printheads, and realigned the printheads. So far nothing has worked. I did think that I noticed that while trying to make copies, when I put my original on the glass (to copy) the light never came on ran the length of the scanner and back. This is surely a problem, but what does it have to do with the black ink??! Anybody? Please.~Cupcake2349
04-18-2012 01:37 PM
I am sorry you are having this issue. It actually sounds like you are having 2 separate issues. The scanner bulb not lighting up is a hardware issue, there really is not a way to fix this issue, you can try a reset to see if it will fix it though.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the product.NOTE:The product might not turn off after pressing the Power button. Continue to the next step regardless.
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Replug the power cord into the electrical outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
- Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
- Load plain white, unused, letter size paper in the paper tray.
- Lift the scanner lid, place the original face down on the scanner glass, and then lower the scanner lid.
- Try again to make a color copy.
- If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.
- If the issue persists , continue to the next solution.
- The next solution would be to replace the unit, I would recommend calling HP for upgrade/replacement options, I have included a link with instruction for contacting us.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"