cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
natuz1971
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My HP Photosmart is not able to scan, Pc is windows 8

My Hp Photosmart i D110 series is not able to scan, it's wireless and recently updated/ compatible to windows 8. Gives me a message "Try scan from computer ors ee documentation, Press ok".

I am new to windows 8 and I don't know where to go to fix this.

Can someone please help me? 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Level 19
Level 19
80,642 80,536 10,026 21,592
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

You can download Full Feature Software and Drivers for Windows 8 from the following link:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId...

(They use same  suite).

My suggestion: Download the following utility and it will help you to install driver properly (must bi on the web):

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL44840/mp-109033-2/hppiw.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
natuz1971
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi There! 

Thank you for asnwering my question. I downloaded the second link, at a certain point it asked if it was usb connection or wireless. I picked wireless. It completed the whole download. My screen looks amazing, bright and pretty but the scanner is still not working 😞 . Should I have picked usb? The wireless is connected though, I am a bit confused. What do you think I should do now? 

Thank you again! 

0 Kudos
Level 19
Level 19
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Did it ask you to see the wireless bar ? If yes then nothing wrong with the installation. I've posted few messages about this: by defaut, the scan to computer function is disabled, we have to enable it:

Click printer icon on desktop (you should see it somewhere on your desktop),

Click Manage scan to computer,

Click Enable

scan_enable.png

Next boot up, when printer is IFF, you can see something like this:

scan_icon.png

My testings indicate: when turn the printer ON, Windows 8 picks the scan function (no more red x) better than Windows 7.

Hope this helps.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
natuz1971
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi, 

It doesn't have a scan option. Its almost as if its reading it only as a printer and not scanner. 

0 Kudos
Level 19
Level 19
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Well, you have to try the Full Feature Software and Drivers from the first link. Must be the installation was not complete.

Regards.

BH
natuz1971
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

banhien! You rock!!!! 

It worked!! 

So I downloaded the 1st link, then I downloaded usb to wireless. It's scanning and I have my HP completely updated! 

Thank you for your patience! grateful for you and HP! 

natuz1971

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation