cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 4
130 85 2 2
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

My HP Pro 8600 printer keeps going offline now with Windows 10.

HP Recommended

My HP Pro 8600  printer keeps going offline now with Windows 10. I contacted tech support as I have the care package. He installed a new port but I am still having the problem.  I have a Pavilion 17 Laptop. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,701 12,654 1,271 3,108
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.

Can you try this self help document?

c04683578

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 4
130 85 2 2
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had a technician work on it online as I have the Care Pack. He did all of the actions in the instructions you gave me. He then created a new port. He said it's possible I will lose the connection again.  Every time that I turn off the computer and then start it later, the printer goes offline. I have to unplug it after turning it off. Then I would restart my computer and plug the printer in and turn it on and then get the connection. I have to do this everytime in order to get it to print. The technician seemed to think this would be a continuing problem because of incompatability with Windows 10. That's why I am looking for a patch.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 4
130 85 2 2
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

These are just some of the posts about Windows 10 and HP printers. Looks like a patch is needed.

There are no new messages in this topic
I recently purchase an HP Officejet Pro 8625 all-in-one printer from Costco.  I find that it frequently goes offline and I have to power it down and restart it to connect to the network.&nbsp...
‎11-09-2015 09:25 AM
2 Replies
Officejet 4620 - printer keeps going offline.  If I turn it off and then on, it is online for awhile, but it goes offline again.  My IPad can't print to it. My Windows 10 laptop shows it as...
‎03-01-2016 08:22 PM
8 Replies
I am using the HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m on a Dell XPS 16 with Windows 7 64bit. I have setup the printer to connect to the Belkin wireless router so it is on the network. I have setup the printer...

‎04-21-2010 07:05 AM
10 Replies
...manually configure printer to match assigned port but still offline.  Even when I get it to work, after 2 months it's assigned IP port changes to some random # and it goes off line again.&nbsp...

‎10-06-2014 07:41 PM
2 Replies
The printer repeatedly drops offline. I cannot print offline. The point of the printer is to be wireless. I have replaced this printer twice, so I'm confident it is not the printer itself but the...
‎09-01-2015 09:32 AM
7 Replies
Suddenly after months of seamless operation I've got issues with my wireless printer (all in one) and laptop interfacing. Specifically:   When my laptop is online, the printer is offline.&nbsp...
‎01-27-2016 08:23 AM
1 Reply
I can print pages on the internet but when I try to print a Microsoft Word 2016 doc, it says it's offline. Help!  
‎02-03-2016 02:15 PM
2 Replies
Every day or two, my printer goes offline.  The only solution is to turn off the printer, and turn it back on. I had a Canon printer previously and never had this issue.   I presume...
‎01-27-2016 11:40 AM
3 Replies
I have 4 computers in my network.  Since I have installed windows 10 I keep getting error messages about the printerbeing offline.  I unplug and restart the computers and then everything...

‎10-01-2015 01:29 PM
3 Replies
...something to printer i get error message that printer is offline. I tried  checking the port but it would not let me make any changes. This appeared to start up when I changed my IP but my...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,701 12,654 1,271 3,108
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

There could be a variety of issues causing this offline problem.

Have  you tried to create a Static address to resolving the issue?

Here's a resource that shows how to create a Static IP address:

Creating a Static IP address using EWS

https://goo.gl/m4hexn

Hope that works.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 4
130 85 2 2
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think I may have to call my care pack tech.  I know he created a new port using my IP address. I am afraid if I try to do another IP I may mess up something.  I still think that considering all the complaints about loss Printer connection that so many are having with Windows 10, they need a patch to fix it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 4
130 85 2 2
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@greenturtle wrote:

Hi,

There could be a variety of issues causing this offline problem.

Have  you tried to create a Static address to resolving the issue?

Here's a resource that shows how to create a Static IP address:

Creating a Static IP address using EWS

https://goo.gl/m4hexn

Hope that works.

I think I may have to call my care pack tech.  I know he created a new port using my IP address. I am afraid if I try to do another IP I may mess up something.  I still think that considering all the complaints about loss Printer connection that so many are having with Windows 10, they need a patch to fix it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 11
8,714 7,796 283 651
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FYI the link below has details about an update from Microsoft for Windows 10

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249080

Win10 update.JPG

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation