Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Inkjet 8600 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently when I try to print a new document it superimposes a previously printed document on the first page of a new document and sometimes on other pages.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @OhioFrankie,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that the printer is superimposing the print on earlier printed documents.

Not to worry, I will be glad to help.

Have you checked the paper in the input tray?

How is the printer connected to your computer? (USB or wireless.)

Recommend you to open the paper tray and check if the papers in the tray are blank or plain paper. 

Once the papers in the paper tray are checked. 

Open the print queue and check if there are any print jobs pending. Click here for assistance in opening the print queue. 

Once the print queue is cleared, please try to print from any other application and check. 

If the issue persists, you would need to uninstall the printer software and install it back on your computer. 

Please let me know how it goes before I guide you through the uninstall process. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That wasn't the problem.  I clicked on something that gave the option of background printing and that fixed it!  One of the screens that comes up when you first choose to print something.  Don't remember now what it was, but probably Firefox Browser. Thanks anyway!  Hope this helps others with same problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and providing more information. What I understand is that when you try to print from your firefox browser, the images were not getting printed from the webpage. 

To print the images from the webpage, you when you click on the print button on Firefox. 

It would bring up a window which will have a page setup button. 

Click on that button and you will have an option to print background (colors and images.)

Please find a screenshot below. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.