cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
nativefun1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Mac book pro now shows printer "not connected" when all other indications say that it is.

Product is a Photosmart Premium C310 series that now shows that it is disconnected from my Mac book, but all other indicators show connected to the same network as the computer...

0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
Level 9
3,102 3,085 239 457
Message 2 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My Mac book pro now shows printer "not connected" when all other indications say that it is.

Hey there! Let's reset the printing system:

Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

Let me know if this solves the issue!  

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
SHolman08
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Deskjet 1000 that is literally connected to my macbook pro by the cord, and I can't get it to print after restarting both the printer and the macbook. Nothing is wireless or using a router.. its physically connected, yet the printer is not showing up as connected. 

I also just bought this printer less than 6 months ago and have continually ran into this problem with every printer I've bought for the past few years. There must be a solution!! 

0 Kudos
Garland_M
Level 6
562 551 37 26
Message 4 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi SHolman,

Which version of OS X are you running, and which driver version?

Don't forget to mark a post as solved if it fixed your issue

0 Kudos
Garland_M
Level 6
562 551 37 26
Message 5 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi SHolman,

Just wanted to check in and see if you were still having this issue.

Don't forget to mark a post as solved if it fixed your issue

0 Kudos
songofjoy
4 4 0 0
Message 6 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My printer will not print even though it is connected.  Msg in print que , so did the suggested the "reset" method and now none of the printers show up for me to select to reset.  What is my next step?  I don't mind that the old printers are eliminated from the list as they are non-functional.  But I was unable to select my new installed printer, which by the way printed fine for me on Saturday night, yesterday wouldn't print and today, the same situation.

0 Kudos
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 623
Message 7 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What version of OS X are you using?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
0 Kudos
songofjoy
4 4 0 0
Message 8 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I use OS X Lion!  I was able to work through the issue as other issues showed up and followed the "reset" for my final solution to the problem.  Thank you, anyway, for your help.  I didn't find the "Kudos" star as indicated, so am passing this on  via this msg. box.  

0 Kudos
Level 9
4,755 4,722 203 623
Message 9 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Awesome! Glad everything is working for you now!

Have a great rest of the day,

Kyle

Signature
0 Kudos
LarryLym
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 31
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The first shown instructions did not work. I am not able to Add a printer in my Print and Scan Preferences.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation