Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-07-2017 12:20 PM
Hello, @Mark6902 – Hope you are well 🙂
Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are having issues while setting up scan to email feature on your Officejet printer. I will certainly do my best to help you fix this issue!
Let's start by assigning a public DNS address to your printer. Here are the steps:
• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
• Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
• Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
• Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
• Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
• Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 126.96.36.199 and under manual alternate type 188.8.131.52 (This is Google DNS server address)
Restart the router and the printer once done and then try the scan to email again.
If the issue persists, I would suggest you setup the scan to email profile via printer control panel as suggested below. Try the steps below:
On the printer control panel, touch Scan ().
Scroll to Email, and then touch Email. When the Welcome screen displays, touch Continue.
Touch the Email field to open the on-screen keyboard, type the email address that you want to use with the profile, and then touchContinue. An email with the security PIN is sent to the email address.
Retrieve the email with the security PIN from the email address.
Touch the PIN field to open the on-screen keyboard, and then type the security PIN.
If you do not want the printer to remember the email address, touch the checkbox next to Remember Me (optional).
Touch Log In. If you left the Remember Me checkbox marked in the previous step, the printer prompts you to choose Store Email or Auto Log In, depending on how you want the printer to store the email profile.
Select the scan type:
Touch Photo, touch the display to select your scan settings, and then continue to the next step.
Touch Document, and then continue to the next step.
Review the email profile information, and then touch Continue.
When the scan finishes, touch Yes if you want to send another scan to email or No if you do not.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.
Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee
05-10-2017 09:26 AM
The issue is that I can still send print jobs wirelessly and they print. The problem is I cannot put a document on the printer and scan it to email. When I put a document on the scanner and then select scan to email, a server connection error occurs so it can't find the email addresses that are on the computer.
What do I do?
05-11-2017 06:49 PM
Thank you for replying,
I appreciate your time and efforts,
As I understand you have tried to follow the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would suggest you try to follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Network Scanner Connection Error (Windows)
I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee